07 December 2011

OOH LA LA! IT IS LINDA'S BIRTHDAY!!!!

HOLA EVERYONE!!!! I am excited about this post for a couple of reasons! FIRST>>>It is LINDA's BIRTHDAY and SECONDLY>>>>> it is DAY 7 of the 12 DAYS of CHRISTMAS OOH -LA- LA VINTAGE TREASURES BLOG HOP EVENT!   Thank you Patti and Doreen for including me in such a fun event!

My project is a simple gift using something old and making it new again with a shabby chic flair. A wooden box discovered at a yard sale, a vintage playing card, items in my stash and beautiful products from OOH- LA- LA VINTAGE TREASURES ARTFIRE SHOP turned into an WONDERFUL birthday gift! Give it a try! Simple, quick and elegant.



You can use any box to alter. I found this wooden box at a yard sale for $3! AWESOME find! Using crackle paint,  I painted it blue. I did not paint the inside as it was already padded and I like that! 




Using the bottom left side of the Webster's Pages "Ladies & Gents Framed Beauty" paper that I purchased from OOH LA LA VINTAGE TREASURES, I used the bottom of the box to trace the oval that I would use on the lid of the box. I knew the oval I traced and cut would be smaller, but that is what I wanted. I inked the edge of the oval and adhered it to the lid with quick drying glue. Using a second sheet of the same patterned paper, I fussy cut 2 flowers from the sheet, inked the edges and placed them to the side. 

I hot glued lace around the lid and let it set. I hot glued flatback pearls on the lace and let it set. I found it easier to hot glue both the lace and pearls a 1/2 inch at a time as the hot glue sets quickly. 




I hot glued the lovely bouquet (top) and the flowers (bottom) are also from the OOH LA LA VINTAGE TREASURES ARTFIRE SHOP! (The flowers were a thank you gift from Patti and Doreen and went PERFECTLY with my project!) 


I adhered a vintage playing card to the "mirror" on the paper. I hot glued flatback pearls around the card's edge. I adhered the flowers the I previously fussy cut with foam dots to give them dimension. I hot glued flowers and leaves that I found in my stash and about an hour later..........






I loved how this project turned out! OOH LA LA----the bouquet really makes the entire box pop! Stop by OOH -LA- LA VINTAGE TREASURES ARTFIRE SHOP and check out the awesome goodies for sale! 

To see more of the box, take a peek at the YouTube Vid below


Thanks for taking a peek!
Have an AWESOME DAY













2 comments:

I appreciate your postive and constructive comments!